The Starborough Ahi Tuna Poke Bowl
For a light twist on this traditional Hawaiian dish, add a splash of Starborough Sauvignon Blanc and share the bright umami delight. It’s a slice of paradise in every bite.
Remember that Starborough and Oceana encourage you to go to www.seafoodwatch.org to be sure your tuna comes from a well-managed fishery.
- 1 lb. Sushi Grade Ahi Tuna, cut in ¾ inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Starborough Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 ½ tablespoons Toasted Sesame Oil
- ½ teaspoon Red Pepper Chili Flakes
- 1/3 cup Green Onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Toasted Sesame Seeds, more to garnish
- 1 Avocado, thinly sliced
- ½ cup Carrots, shredded
- 2 Persian Cucumbers, sliced
- 2 cups cooked Rice, your choice
In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover & refrigerate up to 3 hours or serve immediately. To serve, divide rice into 2-4 bowls. Top with Poke. Arrange carrots, cucumber and avocado on top. Sprinkle with more sesame seeds.